After a 20 + years in the oil and gas industry ( 1 of the top 3 oil field service company’s ) where I held a few different positions I started FlexSolar to help other people and business with all their Electrical needs.
- Electromechanical technician
- Maintenance Engineer
- Reservoir characterization Engineer
- Field service specialist.
About Solar Power
A basic understanding of solar power can roughly be summed up in:
- How do Photovoltaic solar panels (PV) systems work?
- Types of home solar panel systems
- Types of solar panels
- Determining what size solar panel system you require
- Solar panel installation
- Benefits of a Photovoltaic solar panels (PV) system
A fully functional home solar panel system is made up of the following essential components:
- Solar panels: These are often connected together in an array to provide higher power outputs and DC voltages.
- Solar storage batteries: The electricity generated through the home solar panels is stored here.
- Charge controller/ regulator: These prevent excessive discharge or overcharging which could damage the solar storage battery.
- DC-AC inverter: Solar panels produce direct current (DC) and most appliances and equipment are designed to be powered by alternating current (AC). An inverter is used to convert the direct current from the PV solar panels or battery into alternating current which we can use in our homes.
There are three ways in which to install solar panels in your home, namely:
- Ground Mounted Solar Panels
- Roof Mounted Solar Panels
- Thin Film Solar Panels